Minnesota man arrested after Muscatine teen reported missing

A 26-year-old Minnesota man has been charged with first-degree kidnapping after a 14-year-old Muscatine girl reported missing earlier this week was found with him in St. Paul, police said.

The teenager was reported missing on Wednesday, and officers met with family members, gathered information and attempted to locate the girl at friends’ and relatives’ residences.

On the morning of Thursday, May 7, the Investigative Unit of the Muscatine Police Department became involved when information came to light that the girl may have become connected through social media with an adult male from Minnesota.

Muscatine police enlisted the help of the FBI and about 4 p.m. Thursday, the missing girl was found safe in St. Paul, Minnesota in the presence of the man, police said in a news release.

Luis Alfredo Moreira Bravo of Edina, Minnesota, was arrested in St. Paul by the FBI and the St. Paul Police Department. In addition to the kidnapping charge from Iowa, he faces other offenses in Minnesota, police said.

The incident is still under investigation by the Muscatine Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigations and the St. Paul Police Department.