The Columbus Junction community will be thanked by Iowa’s pig farmers for their support during the past two years at an official “Thank You” Event being held at the Youth Center of the Louisa County Fairgrounds on June 1, 2022.
The event—organized by the Iowa Pork Producers Association and Tyson Foods in addition to pig farmer Mike Deahr of West Liberty—will say thank you to the community for its support of farmers and plant workers as they worked through several adjustments caused by COVID-19 on pork supply chains.
The event will begin at 2:30 p.m. and feature the following speakers:
- Columbus Junction Mayor Mark Huston,
- West Liberty farmer Mike Deahr,
- Cole Smith, Executive Director of Louisa County Development Group
- Brent McElroy and Jeff Thompson, Tyson
- Cheryl Bloom, Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Araceli Vazquez, Columbus Junction LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens)
Beginning at 5:30 p.m., the Iowa Pork Producers Association and Tyson Foods will distribute free pork loins to area residents until the supply is gone.
The Louisa County Fairgrounds are located at 101 Fairground Rd, Columbus Junction, IA 52738.