Iowa State (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) travels to Kansas State (3-2, 0-2 Big 12) on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. Coverage starts at 4:30 p.m. on 95.1 and 860 AM KWPC, The Voice of Muscatine. The game will be televised on ESPN2.
ISU will try and end a seven-game losing streak to the Wildcats in Manhattan. ISU’s last win at KSU was in 2004. Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell has 27 career victories vs. Big 12 teams, sharing the school record with Dan McCarney (1995-2006) for most league wins.
ISU is 14-2 in games played in October since 2017, tying for the second-most wins nationally by a Power 5 team in that span.
Wheels up to Manhattan 🛫
— Cyclone Football (@CycloneFB) October 15, 2021
- Iowa State is coming off a 59-7 win over Kansas, breaking the school record for most points scored in the 1st Q (28).
- In its last 10 games dating back to 2020, ISU has given up just 35 points and two touchdowns in the second half (excluding
- Iowa State’s defense ranks in the Top 5 nationally in the following categories: passing defense (2nd, 143.2), total defense
(3rd, 232.2), yards per play (4th, 4.04), yards per rush (5th, 2.6).
- All-American RB Breece Hall broke ISU’s career rushing TD mark (38) by scoring a pair in the Kansas win.
- Hall owns an active streak of tallying a rushing TD in 17 consecutive games, a Big 12 record and the nation’s fifth-longest FBS
streak since 1996.
- QB Brock Purdy became the sixth player in Big 12 history to amass 10,000 passing yards (10,115) and 1,000 rushing yards (1,079) in a career. He owns/shares 29 school records in his career.
— Cyclone Football (@CycloneFB) October 13, 2021