Christmas break is something everyone looks forward to. The kids are happy to be home and there’s more family time for everyone. The first few days of break are always a blast, but eventually it becomes too easy to run out of things to do, and you end up wasting half of your break in front of the TV. Luckily, there are a lot of fun things you can do in Muscatine to keep yourself busy during break.
- Muscatine Button Museum. At the Button Museum downtown, there’s something to do for all ages. You can go to learn about history or check out some of the cool, hands-on exhibits they have to offer.
- Baking day! Make and decorate your own Christmas treats, like cookies and gingerbread houses, or make your own treat. Make it into a contest between the kids or even with your spouse!
- The Muscatine Art Center. The Art Center always has great things to offer for anyone of all ages. From the amazing art to their hands-on exhibits, there’s something for everyone!
- A craft day with the kids. Look up a fun Christmas craft online. It can be as simple as a paper cut out or ornament. Let every kid add their own spice to it with different colors or shapes! Take lots of pictures for you to look back on.
- Take the kids to visit grandma and grandpa to spend the day with them. While they are with their grandparents, you can get some Christmas shopping or holiday cleaning done!
- Discovery Park. There are a lot of cool things to do and see in the summer time at Discovery Park, but they also have a really cool animal exhibit inside. This is fun and educational for the whole family.
- Movie day. Whether it is taking the whole family to the Palm’s Theatre or renting some movies to watch at home, you can never go wrong with a day of movies.
- Sledding! Take the whole family out, find the best hill, and make an afternoon of sledding. Afterward you can go home and warm up with some hot cocoa.
- When it’s cold and icy outside, you can always find indoor entertainment by bowling. You can also enjoy the wonderful arcade offered at our local bowling alley.
- A day of reading. Take the whole family to the library, pick out a few books, and spend the day reading together.
These are some of the many wonderful things you can do in Muscatine during winter break! It is important that you don’t waste your winter breaks with your kids. You only have 12 of them ever, so make the most out of this year’s!